Thriving Futures is empowering remote and regional communities throughout Australia to shape the future for generations to come.
Led by Child Australia and supported by BHP, the program was founded in 2020 to address the ongoing shortage of child care availability in the Pilbara so that all children can have access to high quality early learning experiences.
Thriving Futures is focused on five key areas:
- To build the capacity of the sector by supporting educators and leaders to participate in high quality professional development.
- To support centres to embed sustainable practices that contribute to workforce stability, reduce the impact of staff turnover, and ensure operational efficiencies.
- Supporting the local workforce to obtain skills and qualifications for a career pathway in Early Learning.
- To promote the Early Years Sector as an attractive, purposeful, career choice.
- To develop new opportunities for children to be engaged in high quality early learning.
Over the past year, Thriving Futures has made a significant impact in the communities in which we work.
“Thriving Futures has helped to increase staff, increase available positions for children, professional development for my team, confidence in staff and stronger management through the (Director) mentoring support.”